Welcome to the Cat Friendly Practice Program
The Cat Friendly Practice (CFP) program contains the tools for practices to integrate a feline perspective and embrace the standards needed to elevate care for cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice program seeks to transform and elevate the delivery of feline veterinary care by:
- Laying the groundwork for the delivery of care to the underserved feline population.
- Identifying trends and baseline species information essential for understanding cats.
- Acknowledging the essential role of the cat owner in the veterinary visit.
- Providing support to veterinarians and their teams to create a cat friendly practice environment.
- Outlining strategies for introducing changes in the delivery of care that incorporate a better understanding of the cat’s distinct needs and behaviors.